The trip was incredibly fast! I managed to make the trip in 7 hours! We usually make the trip in 8 hours. Upon arriving, Papi had dinner prepared for us! His famous Sweet and Sour pork. It was delicious! Missy and Jj were excited to see him, but kept looking for Gigi. Gigi was at the church preparing for a Relief Society Additional Meeting. We ate up quickly and headed over to the church. Seeing how happy the kids were to see her made me so happy. They love their Gigi! The Relief Society meeting taught all us women how to make chalk paint and motivated me to finally do it and paint our bookshelves and other pieces of furniture I have been too scared to do. It was so easy! No sanding, no priming, just paint! That is my style of crafting!
Friday, the kids and I spent the majority of the day resting from our trip and hanging out around the house. I had a hair appointment scheduled that afternoon. I have been thinking of chopping my hair off for the past six months seriously, and Ty finally was excited at the thought of cutting my hair. "It is always getting in the way!" he said. So... I picked out my favorite pixie cuts on Pinterest and he picked his favorite and gave me the go ahead! It was wonderful! And... 2 hours later... This was the end result! Ahhh!!! I loved it :) During the cut I kept telling myself how amazing it was that it turned out the way it did. The sweet hair stylist told me my hair was cooperating perfectly with the cut. I learned that often when people go from extremely long hair to short that the weight of the hair will mess up the way it falls- not so with this head of hair...
Cut done Cut and Color How long my hair was before...
Saturday I packed my bags and headed off to Tampa! It was a nice flight. I managed to catch up on some reading on the plane. This made me so happy! I miss being able to read easily on my own time. The rest of the weekend consisted of eating, sleeping, swimming, and being adventurous.
View from the room!
Sunday afternoon Ty and I met up with my dad at Texas de Brazil. It was so fun to see him, my step-mom, and my little brother after 3 years! Little L. is so big! It was so neat being able to talk to him and get to know him better.
Monday we went to Busch Gardens. Even though I took a Dramamine to help manage the ride sickness- I still got a bit queasy and my head hurt after the rides. I felt as though I was getting OLD! This isn't supposed to happen when you are in your mid 20's! Its supposed to happen when you are like 60! It was still fun even though it rained off and on. The lines for the rides were minimal and Ty got to sit in the front seats often enough to make him happy. While we were at the park, we passed the Kookaburra area and Tyler started to make laughing noises at them and shortly after he stopped the two birds gave us a laughing song that seriously lasted for a good 30 seconds! It was awesome! We ended the day sweetly with a delicious home cooked meal, and a swim in the pool under the stars. It was a perfect way to end a LONG LONG day.
Tuesday was probably my favorite day of all! We woke up and hit Clearwater Beach. Clearwater Beach was the beach my family used to go to when we lived in Florida. It has perfect powdery sand, and the water is warm and usually clear. Since a tropical storm was making its way up the golf, the waves that were breaking were easily 5 times their usual size. Ty had a blast body surfing on the waves. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed the weather so much we wish we had time to stay longer. We ended our evening with dinner at Island Way Grill- This place is 1. Romantic and 2. Delicious! It was a very memorable day.
Wednesday morning came sooner than expected, and I headed back to Indiana. All in all, our little getaway felt surreal and special in more ways than we can count. We decided we were making up for our anniversary last year, since we didn't do anything special for it. Now that we are caught up we will probably be hanging out quite a bit here in Kirksville.








Love your hair cut!
ReplyDelete