Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring and Winter Forts

The weather around these parts has been extremely confused and tricky! Some days its warm almost in the 
60's! Then the next day its in the 20's! Its been awful and deceiving creating really bad cases of cabin fever.  This past Monday, the weather looked so be gorgeous. The sun was out and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. The color of the blue of the sky made you believe that it was warm outside. The kids begged to play outside. After giving in, as soon as we got outside, we had to run back inside and get our jackets and hats to be able to withstand the windy freezing weather outside. I later discovered it was in the low 30's.  It was so sad!
To make things even more difficult with dealing with the crazy weather, it snowed on the first day of Spring! Can you believe that? Jack Frost has definitely had a blast teasing us with sunny freezing weather. Anyways.... We are SOOOO ready for the warmer weather to arrive so we can spend most of our time outside running and getting dirty. In hopes we can have our wish, I have posted some pictures from our warmer outside adventures from the last couple weeks.These kids are growing up so fast!






Because we had another snow storm come through this past weekend, we decided to build blanket forts. Missy LOVES to make forts and has been asking to make them every day we don't get to go outside. Its been quite fun and entertaining. As you can see, Jj's favorite part of building the fort is destroying them. 


We also took a family picture for our cousin's birthday card.  She is serving an LDS mission in Fresno, California. We were asked to hold up a "D" for birthday. Here is our picture. Yes... I purposely wanted it to look like we were too busy having fun to look beautiful for the picture. I would have to say Ty and Jj look the best in this picture. Missy and I look like complete opposites- I am cheesy smiley and Missy is dead pan. And please never mind our crazy hair. All in the name of fun, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment